• A building permit is required for any structure greater than 100 sq. ft.
• The proposed use of the building(s) must conform to the uses
permitted in the Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw, and to the
provisions in Bylaw 2016-06; a bylaw for the purpose of issuing
building permits and establishing a schedule of fees.
• A permit for construction on a vacant property is subject to an
entrance permit and driveway requirements. Please inquire at the
Township office if your property has no approved access from a
public road. Access from a provincial highway is subject to
approval from the Ministry of Transportation.
• A permit for a residential dwelling or residential
addition/renovation is subject to Sudbury & District Health Unit approval, to confirm sufficient
capacity of new and existing sewage systems. Health Unit forms are
available at the Township office for your convenience.
• All applications for building permits must be accompanied by a
site plan; indicating setbacks from property lines, other
structures, road, etc., as well as a floor plan of the proposed
• Yard Setbacks:
Depending on the urban/rural locations of the property and the type
of structure being built, these setbacks will vary. Please confirm
the minimum setbacks from property lines and street/road at the
Township office, prior to submitting an application and sketch.